Hello Friends, welcome to this guide on Conversion rate optimization (CRO). Have you ever been wondered why your website didn’t make any conversions or leads?. Want to know how to generate more profit just by optimization?. Then this CRO guide is exactly for you.
Let’s start with basics.
What is Conversion?
When a website visitor takes an action that might benefit the business is said to be conversion. We can divide website conversion into two.
- Micro Conversion: Micro Conversion includes small scale leads or conversion. It involves Adding a product to the cart, signup for the email newsletter, download a free e-book, fill out a ‘contact’ us form, answer a survey give feedback and Creating an account.
- Macro Conversion: Macro Conversion includes Purchasing a product, Downloading an app, Subscribing to service and Requesting a quote.
Conversion Rate Optimization
Now that we know about conversion. Let’s go ahead with the conversion rate. Conversion rate is defined as the rate at which the conversion is happening. For example, If you run an e-commerce website which sells T-shirts. 100 people are visiting your webpage, only 10 used to add to cart, at the end only 3 people ordered the product. So here the conversion rate can be calculated by dividing the no of orders to no of website visitors.
i.e 3/100= 0.03 or 3% conversion rate
Here comes the main part, we can increase this conversion rate by 10 % and possibly even more by optimizing the website. You can optimize the website and test it through AB Testing or Multivariate Testing.
Before Optimization part, you need to Identify user action inside the website, what’s stopping them from completing their goals i.e purchase. You can track your website visitors action by using Heatmaps.
Then create a funnel flow, right from the website visitor to a customer. Identify the part of the conversion funnel you want to optimize.
You can change the Design, CTA text, color, You should focus on the landing pages. In other words, putting your effort into the pages most engaged with and valuable to your users, you’ll see the largest impact.
Refer this Conversion Rate Optimization Guide for more insights.
Advantages of Using CRO
- Improved Trust: For a website visitor to share their credit card, email, or any sort of personal information, they have to genuinely trust you.
- Customer Insights: finding the right customers for your business. Acquiring more people doesn’t do your business any good if they’re not the right kind of people!
- Better ROI: Multiple returns for every investment you made.
- Better UI/UX: To make the website visitor stay more time.
Please leave your valuable comments below.